If you have a conference room, company car, or equipment that everyone needs to use, then you need to come up with a way to make those resources reservable to everyone. The best way to do that is to create a room or equipment mailbox in Microsoft 365 for each resource. You might create one for your first floor conference room, media equipment, or a moving truck.
Once you create a room or equipment mailbox, everyone in the company can reserve it for meetings or events using Outlook.
Set up room and equipment mailboxes
To set up a room or equipment mailbox, go to the Microsoft 365 admin center. (You’ll need to have admin permission to do this.) Create the mailbox and let everyone know they can start reserving it for meetings and events.
- In the admin center, go to the Resources > Rooms & equipment page.
- Select Add.
- Fill out the room or equipment fields:
- Room or Equipment: the type of mailbox you’d like to create.
- Name: a friendly name or even short description.
- Email: the email alias of the room or equipment. This is necessary to send a meeting request to the room or equipment.
- Capacity: the number of people who can fit in the room or use the equipment at the same time.
- Location: the room number or location of the room in a building or region.
- Phone number: the number of the room itself. This is different from the meeting phone number generated when using Microsoft Teams.
4. Select Add.
5. Select the room or equipment mailbox you created to see or edit the details.
6. If you made changes, select Save and then Close.
How add a room list to Outlook Calendar
Following the steps below, you can learn how to do it for your own account:
- Open up Outlook and click the calendar icon located in the bottom left-hand corner.
2. On the top ribbon, click Open Calendar
3. From the drop-down, select From Room Lists
4. Now the list of rooms will be shown
5. Simply double click the room you want to add and it will appear in the bottom bar
6. Click OK and the room is now added to your calendars
7. If you want to hide this room simply uncheck the box next to the rooms name